Looking after your candles
Each and every one of our candles is produced with great care. The key to creating a perfect candle burning experience comes down to how the candle is made, and how it is maintained throughout its lifetime. We can take care of the making process - Please follow our candle care and safety tips below to help you get the best scent diffusion and burn performance from your candle.
Always store candles in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight, as they are sensitive to temperature and light which can damage the structure of the wax and affect the way your candle performs.
Candles burn best in still air. Draughts can cause a candle to smoke or burn unevenly. Make sure to place them away from open windows and doors.
Before lighting, always ensure your candle wick is trimmed to approximately 5mm to remove any “clubbing” from the wick. This will prevent the candle from smoking and will ensure better scent diffusion. It also yields a smaller, more elegant flame. Please make sure the wick is centred within the wax at all times to ensure uniform burning.
To maximise the lifespan of your candle, you will need to set the candle memory: The size of the wax pool on the first burn sets the memory for the lifetime of the candle.
When you light your candle for the first time do not extinguish it until an even wax pool reaching the edge of the glass has formed. This can take between 3-4 hours. Your candle will then burn evenly all the way down. If you extinguish your candle before a complete wax pool has been formed, you may experience “tunnelling” and you will be left with a perimeter of unburned wax.
Ensure the candle wax pool is clear of debris prior to burning. Match heads and wick remnants in the wax pool can lead to a candle flaring, so remember to remove any wick or debris from the candle before burning.
Extinguishing your candle
Always use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame. Blowing out your candle is not recommended as the molten wax can splatter and the wick may continue to glow and emit smoke.
Candle Safety Tips
1. Make sure you remove all packaging before burning and always read individual candle warning labels.
2. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
3. Do not burn candles on or near anything flammable, and allow ample headroom for the candle flame in a well-ventilated area.
4. Never allow the flame to touch the side of the glass.
5. Do not place candle in direct contact with a glass, marble or wooden surface whilst burning. Make sure all candles are burned on a flat, heat-resistant surface.
6. Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles.
7. Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
8. Keep out of reach of children
9. Prior to burning always check that the glass is not cracked or damaged and discard if this is the case.
10. Leave the candle to cool down and allow the wax to solidify before moving it.
11. If the candle smokes, the flame becomes too high or flickers excessively, extinguish it, then trim the wick and check for draughts before lighting again.
We are on FaceBook